Hello! My name is Esther Aarts. I run an one person Illustration and Design studio named Esta.
I love saturating my work with humour, storytelling and playful banter.
In addition to commissioned illustration and handlettering, I enjoy experimenting with "small press" side projects, like making mimeograph and gocco prints.
Feel welcome send me an e-mail if you'd like to know more or are interested in working together!
Selected client list
Target, Hello!Lucky, BNN, Kruidvat, Chocomel, Stivoro, Graniph Japan, Fire & Knives magazine, Music Tech magazine, Malmberg, Noordhoff, EPN, Threadless, Woot!, Teefury, Ben & Jerrys, Wired, BBC UK and others.
Work featured by
Drawn!, Change the Thought, Bild und Ton, Form Fifty Five, We love typography, Grain Edit, Photoshop Creative
Art shows and events
- 20x20 - GANG, Arnhem, NL (2010)
- Popjugend! Galerie Husstege, Breda, NL (2010)
- Happy Chaos - Subwalk, Arnhem, NL (2010)
- Gelders Balkon 9: Illustration and Animation - Museum of Modern Art, Arnhem, NL (2010)
- 20x20 - Lux, Nijmegen, NL (2011)
- Grenzeloos: Contemporary Dutch Illustration - Museum Kampen, Kampen, NL (2012)
- Ltd edition - Walchetürm, Zürich, CH (2013)
- Playful Type II (Gestalten,2010)
- The Threadless Book (Threadless, 2010)
- Torso! (Gestalten, 2010)
- Information Graphics (Taschen, 2010)
- Little Book Of Lettering (Chronicle Books, 2012)
- A Map Of The World (Gestalten, 2013)